Mine Manager - Newark
Sorry, this job has expired
The Mine Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager. For certain technical elements of responsibility, the Mine Manager will be accountable to the Chief Mining Engineer. This is an important position and the Company is seeking a high calibre person to fulfil this demanding position.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Mine Manager’s key responsibilities include:
- Full statutory appointment with respect to the safe operations of the mine
- Ensuring that the mine is planned and operated such that rock quality is optimised and the reserves are extracted in a planned manner
- Ensuring that the mining operations are carried out within the agreed budgets and satisfy the quality, volume and customer service requirements as a workshop within the Newark Works
- Developing, engaging and involving all personnel at the mine with the objective of delivering continuous improvement in every aspect of the operation through the application of WCM techniques where possible
- To maintain close communications with the Mine’s external customers
- Fostering a constructive liaison with the Mines Inspectorate and the other Statutory Bodies that regulate the operations.
Experience / Qualification
Applicants should ideally be graduate-mining engineers with significant senior management experience in an opencast mining operation. Experience of managing 3rd Party contractor companies for this type of operation would be an advantage.
The successful person should have the ability to immediately fulfil the role of Mine Manager and have the potential to develop into other roles within the organisation. They must have excellent communications and technical skills and be capable of leading and developing a small team.
Please apply in writing with a full CV to:
Kate Price, email: [email protected], tel: 01636 670200
Closing Date: 22nd March 2013