Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
We are a privately owned, ambitious and forward thinking Business which has developed from an initial presence in the readymixed concrete market within Wiltshire, to providing a haulage and aggregates business across the region, with recent entry into the recycling and waste business.
Although we trade as ‘Wiltshire Concrete’ our range of materials and services include concrete blocks, concrete pumps, quarrying and washing primary and recycled aggregates, skips, road sweepers, truck and heavy plant hire.
As our Business continues to develop and expand, we have an opportunity for a suitable candidate to join our senior Management Team as a General Manager.
This role will be instrumental in taking our Business to the next stage as we open additional sites across the region, to meet with our aspirations of providing our ‘brand’ of customer service to new and existing customers across a wider area.
The role will require an individual with a ‘hands on’ approach and the ‘drive’ and leadership required to bring members of the team along with them as we develop from grass roots to build the business in new markets.
We have ambitious plans to open new sites and explore new opportunities, so if you are an individual who wants to work in a smaller, leaner business, not afraid to get involved, without the bureaucracy often associated with the bigger organisations and you get a ‘buzz’ from being involved in developing a Business such as this, then please respond to the e mail address below, with your CV and a covering note explaining how you feel you can contribute to our goals.
- Responsible for the day to day operations within Wiltshire Heavy Building Materials, across all sites.
- Liaison with Commercial, Distribution, Finance and Maintenance functions to ensure our customers experience the quality and service we strive to achieve and in line with our Business Goals.
- Managing the Health & Safety responsibilities for each part of our Business.
- Evaluate areas where new opportunities for the Business may be available, leading to profitable growth and looking for staff development opportunities.
- Main Responsibilities to include management of the following Departments:- Readymixed Concrete, Hard Rock Quarry, Aggregates & Recycling, Skips & Waste, Concrete Products, Sand & Gravel, Tips/Landfill, Restoration.
This position will report to the Managing Director and includes the use of a fully funded Company Vehicle.
A workplace pension and private health cover are included.
Hours of work are flexible to suit the role.
Please respond to :- Kevin McQuaid, Managing Director, via the contact form below.