Deputy Explosive Supervisor - Cornwall
ref : 11843
Imerys Minerals Ltd the world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, is recruiting for the position of Deputy Explosive Supervisor based nr St Austell, Cornwall.
The successful applicant will be required to help lead a small team and provide complete and effective management of the UKP explosives operation. To ensure the team are operating in accordance with the Quarry Regulations and providing a safe and efficient implementation of blasting practices to achieve production targets.
The successful applicant will need:
- A current shotfiring and blast design NVQ
- Significant proven operational experience of drilling and blasting within mining and quarrying sector with experience as a qualified and competent Blast Designer
- Experience must at least have covered Explosives Supervisor duties
- Excellent leadership skills
- A full driving licence and ADR licence
- Knowledge and understanding of the Quarry Regulations 1999
- A high level of numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- Ability to work to strict procedures with strong focus on EHS
- To have excellent communication, inter-personal skills
- To have a positive and flexible approach and able to work in all weather conditions.
You are required to work Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week.
Further role information and details of other employee benefits is available from Clare Sleeman, HR Business Partner, by emailing : [email protected]
To obtain an application form please email [email protected] quoting the reference number above.
Closing date is 13th April 2017 at 4pm. We will only contact shortlisted applicants. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.