Asphalt Plant Manager - Isle of Wight
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Wight Building Materials, a joint venture between Eurovia and Aggregate Industries, supplies building and construction materials to local island businesses and to the 25-year Highways PFI. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career – and enjoy a great lifestyle here on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Taking responsibility for the day-to-day running of our hot asphalt, Recofoam and Recycling plants, you’ll make sure that we achieve optimal performance and quality while maintaining the highest Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Acting in a safe manner at all times performing to company Health, safety, quality and environmental targets,
- Implementing best solutions and sharing best practice,
- Ensuring product/service/performance meet the requirements of the customer and striving to exceed customer expectations,
- Planning raw materials, resource levels and maintenance activities to meet output requirements,
- Monthly production reporting,
- Liaise with other stakeholders such as landlords, EHO, EA, HSE and other official representatives.
- SHE NVQ 3/4, or equivalent,
- Strong problem solving, communication and team leadership skills,
- Self-motivation and a goal driven approach,
- Sound relevant management experience and people skills,
- Member of IAT and/or IQ,
- In-depth knowledge of asphalt production,
- Be able to influence and motivate others,
- IT literate,
- A flexible attitude and with a willingness to work unsociable hours.
In return, you’ll enjoy a real opportunity to build your skills and career. All enquiries to be sent to Peter Gray via the contact form below.
We believe in Equal Opportunities for all employees.