Babcock International Group plcBrowse content from Babcock International Group plc using the tabs below.
Babcock is an international engineering support services company with a workforce of over 28,000 people that manage £42bn of assets worldwide.
We work with sector leading organisations within the mining and construction industry, such as Lafarge and Aggregate Industries, using a proven whole life approach that helps to transform the performance of critical complex fleets.
Our independence is valued by our customers who benefit from decisions based on what’s best for them in the short and the long term. We actively challenge the supply chain and have rigorous procurement processes in place that leverage customer-led advantages.
ALCAMiE™ is our unique approach to asset management, delivering a proven engineering-led whole life solution that is delivered in partnership with the customer.
Using ALCAMiE™, we manage the complex combinations of technical assets in challenging environments, tailoring each solution to meet individual customer requirements. This enables you to focus on your core business activities while Babcock optimises fleet performance and provides information that guides long term investment decisions.
ALCAMIE™ is based around four core elements:
- Web-based fleet reporting provides granular information to guide the right strategic and operational decisions about their fleet
- Core asset management is at the heart of managing the detailed customer equipment based information about each asset that ensure Babcock gets maximum performance at lowest whole life cost
- Managed Service Centres provide a single integrated process to managing the fleet maintenance and repairs, and ensure jobs are prioritised on criticality.
- Customer accounting function - Babcock’s unique combination of fleet reporting, core asset management and a MSC enables the entire programme to be played back to customers for quick and accurate strategic decisions - saving time and money
What ALCAMIE™ delivers to organisations
- Key operational outcomes including increased asset availability, granular data and reporting and access to a responsive managed service centre and fleet procurement experts
- Direct Financial savings through bulk purchasing agreements and through life supply chain management; c10% reduction in fleet through identifying surplus equipment and in using a unique off-balance sheet approach
- Key management outcomes in reducing cost of ownership by up to 20%, a single monthly availability fee aligned with actual production volumes; increased through life availability; and performance & payment regime for performance measurement
- Indirect financial savings through information guiding lower fuel costs, reduced internal fleet management costs; and a reduction in transactional processing
Working with our customers
Babcock works at the heart of its customers’ operations, planning together for future success. This is achieved through building a long term relationship as a trusted partner, focussed on working with them to deliver these outcomes.
Well managed complex assets
Babcock has a pool of knowledge accumulated through working across a variety of industries, which means we have addressed the problems our customers face in managing complex mixes of assets, and can work with them to solve them.
A single independent partner
As the single point of contact, Babcock provides an independent bridge between customers and manufacturers, supporting any mix of assets with total objectivity.
Shared risk and reward
Our experience enables us to help customers understand their risks and reduce their impact. This can include innovative financing models that inject cash back into the customer’s balance sheet.
Greater customer focus
By working with Babcock, customers have the confidence to focus on areas that grow and concentrate their internal resources on more valuable areas that help the company to develop such as mine permitting and planning, processing and logistics.
Babcock is not bound by existing industry technologies, processes or systems. We encourage our customers to think differently about how they procure, manage, and decommission their assets to get the most from them.
Proven international delivery
Babcock recognises that the right solution starts with a seamless transition that minimises impact on the customer’s operations.
We have proven capability in delivering full mobilisation of large asset management contracts within new territories, regardless of an established Babcock presence.
IT is critical in preparing for mobilisation and, in new territories, requiring systems to be installed to support all elements of the service including capability for robust high speed data transfer.
This is particularly important in supporting ALCAMiE™ which delivers a live operating system, displaying customer fleet availability in real time through wall boards within the control centre and via the secure web portal, and is also available to customers.
Early engagement with the supply chain is critical for a swift and seamless transition. Babcock looks to segment suppliers into three tiers to reflect their relationship with the customer and puts together an engagement plan around the key activities to ensure a continuation of service on Go-live.
Data is essential for Babcock - both to understand the fleet before mobilisation, and to optimise its performance once operational. Once the fleet information is captured, Babcock is able to quickly identify efficiencies by sharing and analysing information from its global asset management operation.